There are three Types of CEQA documents prepared by the Los Angeles Department of City Planning:
- Categorical Exemptions (CE)
- Negative Declarations (ND)
- Environmental Impact Reports (EIR)
- MLU: Master Land Use
- EAF: Environmental Assessment Form
- NOD: Notice of Determination
- NOP: Notice of Preparation
- DEIR: Draft Environmental Impact Report
- FEIR: Final Environmental Impact Report
1 See the City of Los Angeles California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines for a list of projects that are Categorically Exempt.
2 Notices are published in the Los Angeles Times on Thursdays.
3 Public Scoping Meetings will be held during the NOP comment period for Regionally Significant EIRs.
4 All CEQA challenges must be filed within thirty days of the NOD being filed with the County Clerk.